+33 (0)4 94 19 89 60 email@example.com +33 (0)4 94 52 74 60
Homepage Villas Castle La Verdière Price on request Back to the list
HISTORIC CASTLE IN PROVENCE
Price on request
Surface : 5000 m² • Plot of land : 160000 m²
• It is the largest private Castle in Provence. Built in the year 980, classified as a historical monument, residence of the Counts of Forbin, it was patiently renovated over 18 years, its owners restoring its illustrious history with patience and passion. Follow us and discover this extraordinary place through its 120 rooms and 5,000 m²....
The castle is essentially spread over five levels served by an elevator and five staircases.
The main courtyard serves an orangery, a gigantic vaulted room, located under the large terrace on the 1st floor, and 2 service apartments.
At the end of the courtyard, a wrought iron gate opens onto the vegetable garden and its greenhouse as well as the pleasure garden and its ponds. The entrance to the castle is through a grand hall and a majestic staircase lit by a skylight.
On the ground floor, a reception room, a large old kitchen with its fireplace and roasting pans, overlooking a French garden, a TV lounge and a professional kitchen and its outbuildings, as well as numerous storage rooms.
The first floor houses the reception rooms and are, for the most part, adorned with sumptuous plasterwork decorations. The entrance hall, lounge of curiosities, gives access to a huge terrace from where the panoramic view allows you to see the Sainte Victoire, the Sainte Baume and the Mont Faron. This is followed by a refined dining room, an adjoining equipped kitchen, a bar and toilets. From the corridor, the gallery of Forbin opens then the refreshment room with its splendid plasterwork and its marble fountain, by which one reaches the two winter salons, as well as a magnificent study decorated with unique bookcases in plasterwork, then in the summer lounge, transformed in the 19th century into a ceremonial dining room and its adjoining pantry.
Following this living room, in this northern row, are a bedroom, two boudoirs, a bathroom and an exceptional Chinese living room decorated with Louis XVI plasterwork and embellished with a cold stone terrace. On this same level, we discover the room of coats of arms and its 19th century decorations as well as the huge ballroom opening, at its end directly on the park which is accessed by crossing a small bridge spanning the path of access to the castle.
The second floor includes several high quality bedrooms or suites: An entrance hall transformed into a library and games room gives access to
- The so-called “Pauline” suite with two bedrooms, an Empire lounge, two bathrooms, a kitchenette and an independent terrace
- The heir's suite with a large living room, two boudoirs, a large bedroom, a kitchenette and its bathroom
- The chapel suite with two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a small kitchen.
From the landing of the second floor, one reaches
- Has two bedrooms with their bathroom and kitchenette
- An apartment with a living room, a dining room, separate toilets, a kitchen and a bedroom with its bathroom
- Several storage and service rooms
On the third floor we find:
- A large apartment with a large living-dining room, kitchen, two large bedrooms and their independent bathrooms and two small bedrooms with a shower room
- 4 independent bedrooms each with their own bathroom
- A small apartment with living room, kitchenette, bedroom and bathroom
- An independent apartment with large room, American kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. This apartment has two terraces, one of which has a jacuzzi, and a laundry room.
By one of the back stairs you reach the private chapel, in the gallery of the parish church of the village. These different staircases allow easy circulation throughout the castle.
In the basement, at the level of the garden known as "the carousel", a series of cellars, some of which have already been fitted out and offer toilets for the small swimming pool located on these gardens in a former Medici basin.
As for the park and the various outbuildings, these are:
- Walled park of 16 ha including nearly 2 ha planted with olive trees
- A large fitted swimming pool (15m x 6.50m) and its pool house
- A riding career of Olympic dimensions
- Interesting tree species including arbutus from Cyprus
- A shed for agricultural machinery.
The whole in the heart of a typical village of Provence, at the gates of the Verdon. A magnetic place, with an equally grandiose history.
- Rooms : 120 rooms
- Surface : 5000 m²
- Orientation : South
- View : Mountains Hills
- Built in : 980
- 1 Land (160000 m²)
- 25 Bedrooms
- 3 Apartments
- 3 Kitchens
- 10 Living-rooms
- 3 Dining rooms
Fireplace • Outdoor lighting • Helipad • Lift • Listed historic building • Caretaker • Electric gate • Swimming pool • Playground
- Logement à consommation énergétique excessive
- View our Fee plans